What is PPR (Polypropylene Random Copolymer)?
Polypropylene (PP) is a thermoplastic polymer with a wide range of uses. It is obtained by polymerizing the monomer propylene. It is extremely resistant to acids and bases.
Polypropylene shows very good resistance to fatigue. It is impact resistant. It has a low coefficient of friction, provides very good electrical insulation and has high chemical resistance.
It is divided into three classes in terms of resistance to heat, pressure and chemicals:
• PP-H (Polypropylene Homopolymer)
• PP-B (Polypropylene Block Copolymer)
• PP-R (Polypropylene Random Copolymer)
PP-R raw material has higher performance and superior properties than PP-H and PP-B raw materials in terms of physical and chemical properties.
PPR Pipe and Fittings
The most important feature of PPR is its high resistance to heat and chemicals. Thanks to this resistance, our pipes and fittings produced from PPR raw material are successfully used in cold and hot water installations.
The fact that the PPR raw material has a monomer structure does not allow any biological substance to reside in it, since it forms a random chain. In this way, our PPRC pipes and fittings made of PPR raw material do not give off color, taste and odor.
PPR raw material has many advantages over other plastics. It has a long life, shows high resistance to pressure and temperature, is more flexible, has high sound and heat insulation, has high density and has a low melt flow rate.
Our PPR pipes meet the requirements of ASTM F 2389, DIN 8077, DIN 8078, EN ISO 15874 standards.
Our PPRC pipes and fittings are used in drinking water installations, hot water, radiator and underfloor heating systems and many industrial distribution systems with a long life.
What are the Advantages of PPR System? Why PPR?
• It can withstand up to 50 years at 20˚C and 20 bar pressure.
• Withstands temperatures up to +95˚C.
• It saves time, cost and transportation.
• It shows high resistance against many chemicals.
• Does not shrink by reacting with minerals and chemicals.
• It has high abrasion and corrosion resistance, does not cause calcification or rusting.
• It does not change the color, smell and taste of water.
• The inner surface is smooth and slippery. For this reason, friction and wear resistance are high.
• Provides high sound and heat insulation.
• It hardly catches fire.
• Easy to assemble. Thanks to its elastic structure, it can be easily installed even in difficult positions.
• It does not cause work and material loss during assembly.
• It is 8 times lighter than metal systems.
• Offers different color possibilities.
• It is aesthetic compared to other systems.
• Recyclable, environmentally friendly.
Where are PPR Pipes and Fittings Used?
The usage areas of PPR pipes and fittings are not limited to domestic water installations. It is used in numerous other applications in different fields.
PPR pipes and fittings are used;
• Water distribution in commercial buildings and hospitals,
• In the transportation of chilled water networks in air conditioning systems,
• Industrial chemicals transportation,
• In the transport of aggressive liquids,
• In agriculture and garden irrigation,
• In rainwater systems,
• In swimming pools,
• In HVAC and compressed air installations.